The Rules

THE RULES!

1: E (her) and R (him) will take it in turns to randomly select a wrapped DVD.
2: The DVD picked must be the DVD watched, no excuses.
3: DVDs given as presents do not have to enter the Roulette as that would be rude!
4: Let the world know what we thought!
5: Decide whether to keep or swap the DVD.
6: NO NEW DVD MAY BE BOUGHT UNTIL ALL ROULLETE DVDs HAVE BEEN WATCHED! (apart from on a few provisos!).


Monday 27 February 2017

No6: The Descent

No6: The Descent


Title: The Descent
Director: Neil Marshall
Written By: Neil Marshall
Starring: Shauna Macdonald, Natalie Mendoza, Alex Reid

A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators. 


Initial Thoughts:

Hers:

I was very happy with this one!  I was in the mood for something tense so obviously the odds were in my favour when I picked this one (although considering that at least 70% of those wrapped up DVDs are horror/thriller then perhaps I won’t be volunteering for the Hunger Games anytime soon!).  I am not good with the idea of getting stuck underground so the idea of it made me a bit squirmy but I was excited to watch it. 
His:

Bring it on. I somewhere remember picking this film up in CeX and the Wife saying she hated this film. It has to be a must buy then surely! This memory was confirmed when as we unwrapped No6 in our roulette we saw it was The Descent and an audible groan came out from E. However I saw that it was directed by Neil Marshall who did Dog Soldiers and so I was pretty excited. Also when someone hate a horror its usually because it scares them, so we turned down the lights, pressed play and entered the world of The Descent.


No comments:

Post a Comment